WeyFUNEsker is designed to deal with two uncertainties: 1. How early can we access our WeyFun summer program site, and 2. How many Staff persons we have available for the final weeks of the summer. The program will be run out of Great Esker Park and be offered instead of both WeyFun and Great Esker for the weeks of June 18-June 22, August 20-August 24, and August 27-August 31.
- Full price is shown below. Fees will adjust automatically and appropriately upon check out.
- If you register before May 1, you will have the option to pay in deposits. 20% of the full price must be paid at the time of registration. The remaining balance of the programs you register for must be paid in full by June 1, or else you will be removed from your program. Please familiarize yourself with our KNOW refund policy, available on page 5 of our summer book.
About this Program
- The combined program promises to bring the “choice” of WeyFun and the “exploration” of Esker to one program while making the most of our best Beach, Esker, and Playground staffs.
- Participants will meet at Great Esker Park and then choose what site they want to go to based on where their age-appropriate activities are being held.
- You may drop your child off at Wey-Fun as early as 8:00 a.m. for no additional fee.
- On-Site activities will be held at either Great Esker Park or the neighboring Julia Road Playground.
- Off-Site venues will include O’Sullivan Playground, Lane Beach, Whitman’s Pond, and Wompatuck State Park.
- A schedule will be posted that outlines both the On-Site activities along with a listing of what is being offered at our Off-Site locations.
- In order to keep communication lines open and clear, we ask that parents inform us in writing ahead of time if your preference is to have your children be limited to on-site activities only.
- Participants traveling off-site will be accompanied and chaperoned by our Weymouth Recreation Staff.
- This program is rain or shine.
What to Bring to WeyFUNEsker
- Bring a hat, sunglasses, bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, sneakers, a lunch, snack, and plenty to drink.
- On Thursdays, we provide a traditional cook-out (hot dogs, hamburgers or cheeseburgers.) Children not interested in cook-out food should bring their own lunches. If raining, pizza will be served.
- A Weymouth Recreation-issued ID & blue Weymouth Recreation t-shirt are required for this program.